Wednesday 9 August 2017

Discover | Kirsteen | Clustering

Hello, it's Kirsteen here on the UK Scrap Addicts blog today and this month we are talking; clustering. Love it or hate it? For an embellishment junkie like me, clustering is seventh heaven. I usually stick to circles but I wanted to try something different. Inspired by a layout I saw online (and have promptly forgotten to take note of the maker) I decided to give creating a page with a rectangular cluster going from one side of the page to another, a go.  


I have created layouts for friends and family using Simple Stories 'You Are Here' but I've not used it for any of our scrapbooks and I really wanted to make something for us. I decided to go with this photo, taken of my youngest son Noah last Summer on Ellie Beach on the East Neuk of Fife in Scotland. He is in his element enjoying his first trip to the beach.

I popped the photo in place and used a steel rule to position the embellishments. Just like circles, it is a lot of fun fitting in all of the embellishments and very satisfying when they fit perfectly.


When you've had so much fun creating one cluster, you might as well create a couple more, right? As all of the detail on my page was central I decided to add a cluster to the top and bottom of my layout. Starting with the Happy Place die cut I added some more embellishments behind and on top to create another focal point for my layout. Doing the same again at the top of the page only on a much smaller scale as there was less white space to play with and I managed to fit in two separate clusters.


I always try to use a mix of die cuts, stickers, chipboard, wood veneers, brads and enamel dots as I think it gives your page more depth and a more tactile feel. If it's feeling a little flat you can always pimp up a sticker or die cut piece with some foam pads.


Lastly, I added some hand-drawn lines for journaling and a couple of die cut flowers to tie it all together.  


I hope you have enjoyed today's layout, I was absolutely in my Happy Place creating it! Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...