Monday 4 September 2017

First Car | Maria La Chica | Journalling

Hello Scrap Addicts! It's Maria with you today :)

This month's theme is journalling, and most of the time I like adding a few lines to my scrapbook pages. Journalling is quite personal, I think. Some people want to document the story behind the photo so they will add lots of journalling, whereas other people are happy to focus on the artistic side of the layout. Whichever you choose is fine! There's always the middle ground, which is adding the date, location and people in the photo somewhere on your layout.

For this page, I have used a very simple design, as I wanted all the focus to be on the photo and the title. I chose big alphas for my title, they are from Pink Paislee and I love them!



Underneath my photo I used a very grungy stencil from this month's sponsor Pretty My Page. I believe they are in the process of launching a new website, but in the meantime you can find them on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/prettymypage/


I tried matching the colours in the pattern papers with my watercolours as best as I could, and I am not too displeased with the result! The papers are from an older American Crafts collection. I am on a self imposed no-spend at the moment and I am trying my best at using up my stash! 

This layout is for my "Book of Me" album. The layouts in this album are more focused on the journalling, as I tell stories of my past. I thought documenting my first car was a "must"!



I also did some hand stitching, as I felt I needed to bring in a bit more of black into the layout. 



And I also have a Process Video on our YouTube channel! Come over and have a watch :)



Thanks for joining me today and I'll read you very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...