Thursday 14 September 2017

Hello Adventure | Gemma Summers | Journalling

Hello Scrap Addicts!

Gemma here with my layout using our theme for this month ... Journalling.

Journalling is something I have recently been adding to my layouts and I can now see its importance to me, in it helping to record my memories and story. I chose to base this layout on my love for walking and a new hobby, geocaching. 


I started by creating a mixed media background. The inspiration for this came from a rainbow stencil and enamel dots I used from 'Pretty My Page' our sponsor this month!

As I love rainbow colour the rainbow stencil was perfect. I used texture paste through the stencil, then added watercolour paint over the top, blending the colours together. I then sprayed extra water to help the paint run down the page. With my photo being black and white I went for a colourful background and I like the stencil's texture.


Once I had added my photo, the layout came together quite quickly.
All the embellishments I have used came from my 'Mind the Scrap' September subscription scrapbook kit. This included my title of the large 'Heidi Swapp' wood veneer 'Adventure'.


I created 3 clusters which were coloured according to the mixed media behind it, for a tone on tone look. One in pink, blue and yellow, which worked perfectly with the enamel dots. Each cluster also has a star in that colour too.


I always like to do my journalling last and I hand write it.  I added this onto a speech bubble die cut. To continue the colour on colour, I wrote this in pink pen to help it blend in. I like the personal touch the handwriting adds and the coloured pen makes it not too bold.



Don't forget we would love to see your layouts using journalling this month
on Instagram using #ukscrapaddicts

I hope you enjoyed this layout!











1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...