Tuesday 7 November 2017

Make A Wish | Black and White Photo | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire)

Hello my friends!!!

I'm back with my layout using only a black and white photo.

Black and white photos are a great way to use busy patterned papers without fear of the colours clashing. Its also a great way to use a photo that might be poor quality as the black and white contrast really helps to hide the quality issues. 


I found inspiration for this layout from a sketch I found that had pinwheels. I knew I had a pinwheel die and so I decided to try this sketch with my layout. It helped that I was using a black and white photo as I was also going to introduce lots of patterned papers.

I attached the pinwheels using brads - yes thats right, I used brads!!



Next I went embellishment crazy by cutting up the cut apart sheet from the Shimelle Starshine collection. I used patterned paper for the pinwheel embellishments. I also used some ephemera and chipboard from the collection. I concentrated my placement down the right hand side of the photo and used the chipboard piece which says "Make a Wish" to act as my title. 

And my finished layout is here...... Give it a go and get those black and white photos scrapped!!

And the process video is here too - https://youtu.be/T0ZsJANuGbs

See you all soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...